Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Flag Football, Oh my!



Jacob has started flag football. I know he has the body physique to be an outstanding football player, Coach Shaw has even said he can't wait for him to be on his football team, but at age 6, the jersey and the treats after the game are the top two things on the priority list! Don't get me wrong, he likes to play sports, but as Shondell and I sat there and watched that game all Jake did was laugh, fall on the ground, and tried to get the flag (as in the picture) off someone from the opposite team - however - that guy DID NOT have the ball! It is cute to watch them play but in a little secretive way, I am so glad that this is my last, 1st year of flag football! And don't worry Coach Shaw, we will get the game rules down by the time he gets to PV!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's darling, I know how you feel though, I haven't had any kids go through it and it will probably be different, but I have watched 4 brothers go through flag and I was always glad when they moved up.

Laura said...

I can't wait til' my little ones are playing football how fun!

The White Clan said...

Looks like fun, but football is the one sport my boys won't play. I know, I am kinda the outcast out here, but I hate football. And part of me is real glad to have super skinny kids, so I dont have to worry about it.
But the first year is always the best. The learning of the rules is such a fun experience.

Richins Family said...

Jacob looks like a natural on the field! It is frustrating watching little ones, but you are almost done and soon will be watching the real thing with him. I love to football! I can't wait for Bridger to get older. Hey, believe it or not when I was in 9th grade the girls had a powder puff football game with just two teams and I was the quarterback! I just wanted to make you laugh! :)

Shondell said...

No worries, we know that Jacob will be ready and raring to go by the time he suits up for PV.... :) I'm with you in the fact that this season is fun, but it's going to be long...I can hardly wait for someone to get hit! Buy the way tell Jacob great job on the touch down tonight & we are planning next week to come see one of Tyler & Ryan's games...my boys are dying to see them play in pads!!!!
I guess some of us Mom's are just made for competitive sports! ;)

DALLAS & LISA CHRISTENSEN FAMILY said...

I need to tell you what Tyler said to Dallas the other day. "Hey Dallas, I'm so sorry that your Cowboys lost the other day." And then he started laughing so hard. For the first time in Dallas' life he was speechless when it came to the subject of the "Cowboys" But anyway, you and Jeff have got some goodlooking boys. I can't believe how big Jake is getting. They grow up so fast.